Brass Classic Snares 2016
The new 2016 brass classic snares of Lignum Drums are now finished with cast hoops,
made from pure brass !
It’s a Lignum Drums design in collaboration with good friend Mark van Hameren.
(medical instrument maker and Inventor-artist)
The casting and CNC process are all done in Belgium.
Be sure these snares are very exclusive in the world of custom snares !
The Brass Classic snares have an old organic look & sound.
All lugs,rods and Lignum high-end strainer are made from solid brass.
The brushed finish of the brass is without any coating.
After 1 year the light color will change into a maroon dark color, similar to the old K cymbal look!
The sound of this snare is incredibly warm, earthy and pure with some vintage characters. It’s very responsive with a super nice rimshot pitch, lower and wider than standard steel hoops.
And the new brass cast hoops will give you a huge tuning range with body and punch at any tuning level !
Available with stave shells and after mid 2017 the first ones will be available with true solid shells
(check out my True Solid page)
- premium selected wood staves glued INTO each other with the Lignum Finger Joint ! or a True Solid shell
12mm shell with 30° edge
- handmade and brushed brass lugs
- engraved brass badge
- the Lignum high-end strainer and butt-end , full CNC processed from solid brass
- Remo heads
- uncoated carbon steel Lignum Drums snare wires
- handmade brass Tension rods & washers